Thursday, November 27, 2008

Internet recipe!

So it's Thanksgiving, and I ran into a glitch earlier. After promising my mom that I would make desert, I return home from the store to find that the pie shell I was planning to use was broken! I had to come up with a delicious desert fast, and preferably one that was gluten free. In case you're wondering gluten is the part of flour that gives baked items their chewy consistency. My step dad is allergic to it. I wanted a seasonal dish, because hey, it's Thanksgiving. I had also bought a can of pumpkin. Pumpkin pudding, no too time consuming, pumpkin cookies, no wait those have gluten, then it occurred to me, pumpkin rice pudding. I hit the Internet looking for a source. I found this recipe from a favorite magazine Real Simple. I had to modify it as I had no orange juice. I also used lactose free milk and added a bit of nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon. It turned out great and we all enjoyed it.

No comments: