Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Food Lover's Guide to Paris


I'm becoming increasingly excited about my upcoming European expedition. So, when I found a copy of this book in the lending library at my apt. complex I had to nab it. One of the great things is that this book contains recipes as well as history, a couple lessons in french food vocab, geography, restaurant reviews and advice for navigating the Parisian dining scene. Fascinating!

Back Blurb-
"The indispensable guidebook to Paris -- by the incomparable French food authority. Patricia Wells knows exactly where to find the flakiest croisssants, the essential bistros, the most knowledgeable wine merchants, the richest, darkest chocolates, the most sublime cheeses, the earthiest charcuteries, the sturdiest copper pots, the cheeriest cafes, and the crusty loaf that all of Paris adores."

No comments: